Here at Lymn Bank Farm we are supporting the campaign by the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre, based at East Kirkby near Spilsby to get their Avro Lancaster 'Just Jane' to an airworthy condition so that one day she may return to the skies over Britain.
"Just Jane" was built by Austin Motors at Longbridge near Birmingham, in April 1945. Given the serial number NX611, she
was one of the first 150 B Mk VII Avro Lancasters destined as part of the RAF's Tiger Force in the Far East. NX611 ended up in storage at Llandow where she stayed until 1952. In April 1952 she was bought by the French Government. She flew maritime patrol for the French Naval Air Arm. Ten years later, she went to Noumeau, New Caledonia, and was used for air sea rescue and cartography. Then in 1964, the French presented her to the Historical Aircraft Preservation Society and flew her to her new home in Sydney where she was overhauled before being flown back to Britain, landing at Biggin Hill on 13 May, 1965. In 1972, she was put up for auction at 'Squires Gate', Blackpool. After the auction she stood as Gate Guardian at RAF Scampton, near Lincoln, for 10 years. In September 1983, NX611 was finally purchased by Fred and Harold Panton, and she was finally brought to East Kirkby in 1987, courtesy of the RAF.
This is why we think the least she deserves is a chance once again to take to the sky’s in honour of the men and women of Bomber Command. With every truckle purchased a donation will be made to the Lincolnshire Aviation Heritage Centre. If you would like to find out more about 'Just Jane' and her return to flight progress please view their website here.
Plus delivery. Min total order value £10.