Horseradish Cheese Burgers made from our own blended cheddar. Get some from our online cheese shop now.
1. Cook the macaroni as indicated on the packet. Drain well and put to one side.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
3. Add the flour and stir in. Cook for 5 mins (this is the roux)
4. Stir the milk in a little at a time ensuring that all the milk is mixed in and cook for 10-15 mins.
5. Add all the cheese leaving a little for the top later.and stir untill it is all melted. (For extra an extra stringy effect add a ball of mozarella here).
6. Add the macaroni and stir. Trasfer to an ovenproof dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on the top.
7. Put under the grill untill the cheese has browned.
Note: You can add bits of crispy smokey bacon for an extra twist.